On the occasion of National Voter’s Day, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched an e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme and with the help of which people will be able to download their Voter ID card in digital format.
The Voter ID card will be a non-editable and secure PDF version which you can download on your mobile or computer. Earlier Aadhaar card, PAN card, Driving license were downloaded in digital format but now Voter ID card can also be downloaded in digital format. You can also upload e-EPIC to Digi locker which will be securely stored.
From February 1, general electors can download e-EPIC for free. Earlier, you had to pay a charge of 25 rupees for this. Now, if your EPIC card gets lost or damaged, you can download a duplicate card for free.
Follow these steps to Download Voter ID card:
- Firstly, Go to the official website of the National Voters’ Services Portal ( https://nvsp.in/ )
- To download e-Epic, you must log in/Register first.
- If you do not register on NVSP, register first by entering your Mobile/Email and Captcha.
- Then after Validate your Mobile/Email by entering OTP and fill in the EPIC Number, Email and Password to register yourself.
- Now, Login freshly on the official website of NVSP by entering your Mobile/Email and password.
- Click on Download e-EPIC button link on the left-hand side.
- You can search your EPIC Card either by EPIC no. or Form Reference no.
- Enter your EPIC no. or Form Reference no. and choose your state to download your Voter ID Card.
You can download the Voter ID card by visiting the official website of the National Voters’ Services Portal.
By entering EPIC Number and choosing the state, you can download a Voter ID Card.
By visiting the official website of NVSP, you can know the status of Voter ID card correction and download updated Voter ID card too.
Read more: Top 10 Richest people in the world 2021