What is Airtel Payment Bank?
Airtel Payment Bank is a Digital Indian bank where anyone can open paperless savings account in just a few minutes. The bank account can be operated from mobile & user deposit their money up to Rs. 1 lakh in a bank account.
Airtel Payment Bank MD/CEO is Anubrata Biswas and its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Bharti Airtel Limited holds 80.01% and Kotak Mahindra Bank holds a 19.9% stake in Airtel Payment Bank. This is the first bank in India that got the license of Payments Bank from RBI.
The bank gives an annual interest of 2.5% and a free personal accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh. There is no minimum balance required to open an account. After opening the account you get a virtual debit card with which you can make online & offline payments.
The bank gives you the following services:
- Deposits and withdrawals in 5 lakhs + banking points
- Send Money to friends and family
- Mobile / DTH Recharges
- Bill payments
- Online & Offline Shopping and many more
How to Open Airtel Payment Bank account?
- Any valid document such as Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License or Passport
- Any operator’s active mobile number
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Age must be 18 years or above
- In the case of minors, a guardian can open an account on behalf of a minor
Follow these steps to open Airtel Payment Bank account:
- First of all install the “Airtel Thanks” app from the play store
- Open the app and enter your mobile number and tap on Send OTP
- Enter the OTP received in your mobile number and then select your language
- After opening the app, go to the bottom bar and click on the “Bank” section
- Now a form will open which you will have to fill
- Enter your Name, Date of Birth, Email, Pincode and ID proof Document number in the form
- Click the Continue button
- Create your mPIN
- Enter OTP received in your mobile number
- Now, you have successfully created Airtel Payment Bank account
- To know your virtual debit card details, go to the view profile and tap the debit card and then enter your mPIN.
Airtel Payments Bank Customer Care Number
For Airtel Customers: 400
For Other operators: 8800688006 (Standard calling rates apply).
Email: [email protected]
To check the Account Balance: 9971199711
Read more: Is Cashify Safe and How does Cashify Work?