Since morning, Android apps are crashing on the user’s mobile. There is a lot of difficulty in opening some apps.
After opening the app, the app does not load and brings it back to the mobile home screen.
Since a bug in Google’s Android system Webview, no apps are opening properly. These problems are also seen in Google’s own app Gmail and many other apps.
According to 9to5Google, the users must update the Android System WebView and Chrome to version 89.0.4389.105 to prevent apps from crashing.
Follow these steps to update (solution 1):
- Firstly, Open the Play Store app
- Search Android System WebView and click on Update
- Similarly, search Google chrome and update it
Follow these steps to an immediate solution (solution 2):
- Open Play Store app
- Go to the “My apps & games” section and go to the “Installed” tab
- Select Android System WebView and uninstall it
- Lastly, the user reboots their phone
If the problem still does not resolve then uninstall updates of Android System WebView.
Follow these steps to uninstall updates (solution 3):
- Go to the System Setting and click on “Apps & notifications”
- Then, click on “See all apps” and go to the Android System WebView
- By clicking on three-dot overflow in the top-right corner uninstall the updates
When this problem is solved officially by Google, don’t forget to keep the Android System WebView in the latest version.